How can I make my toddler’s Valentine’s special?
Believe it or not Valentine’s Day is not just for couples. It’s for families too.
As a child my parents went out of their way to make Valentine’s Day special for me and that’s a tradition I want to carry on with my daughter.
Daycare is going to take care of giving them candy and other sweets. So, what can parent’s do to make Valentine’s Day special for their toddlers?
Toddlers love making crafts plus you get a keepsake item that you can use to remember this stage once they are older. It’s a win-win for everyone!
But, when was the last time you looked for toddler craft ideas?
Most of the crafts are for preschoolers and older kids.
So, I went on a mission to find craft ideas that were toddler-friendly, easy to do and had minimum cleanup. Surprisingly, I discovered 25 easy valentine crafts for toddlers and I want to share them with you!
You May Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more information.
Valentine’s day craft ideas for toddlers
There are a ton of categories for toddlers crafts so I’ve organized this post accordingly.
You’ll be able to find edible toddler crafts, fun toddler crafts, heart crafts and of course easy toddler crafts.
Keep in mind that my goal was to minimize the mess, but some of these ideas were just to0 cute to pass up!
You may also find that some of these activities in their entirety may be a little advanced for your toddler. But, there are definitely parts that your toddler can assist with. I included them because it’s a great way to bond and allows your toddler to feel like they are helping.
Okay, let’s get started!
Edible valentine crafts for toddlers
I absolutely love edible crafts and I think your toddler will too.
Some of these can even be used to make Valentine’s Day treats for your toddler’s classmates. They will get to have fun making the treats and learn the joy of giving at the same time.
1. Edible Painting for Babies and Toddlers|Tales of a Messy Mom
2. Heart Stamping with Pudding Paint|A Cotton Kandi Life
3. Valentine’s Day Edible Playdough|Inspiration Laboratories
4. All Natural Candy Necklace|Super Healthy Kids
5. DIY Heart Lollipops|Studio DIY
6. Bee Mine Corn Dog Bumble Bees|Hungry Happenings
7. Hugs and Kisses Jar|Busy Bee Kids Crafts
8. Candy Coated Pretzel Sticks|Adventures of Me
9. Valentine Fish Bowl|Craft Berry Bush
10. Heart Rice Crispy Treats|Skip to My Lou
Heart crafts for toddlers
Can we really celebrate Valentine’s day without making a single heart? I don’t think so!
Use these heart crafts ideas to get you and your toddler in the cupid spirit.
1. Heart Suncatcher|One Crazy Mom
2. DIY Handprint Heart Valentine|Burlap + Blue
3. Fingerprint Charms|Kitchen Table Classroom
4. 3D Love Bug Valentine Craft|The Soccer Mom Blog
5. Valentine Stain Glass Craft|Sew Simple Home
Valentine activities and crafts for toddlers
Crafts are so much more fun when you can also use them in an activity. Create these valentine themed crafts and watch your toddler play for the rest of the day!
1. I Love You Painting Activity|Fun With Mama
2. Valentine Tinker Tray|U Ready Teddy
3. Valentines Themed Sensory Bin|Fun With Mama
4. Valentine’s Day Homemade Slime|One Crazy Mom
5. Valentine Crafts for Kids Explosion Box|Party with Unicorns
Fun valentine crafts for toddlers
Want to take your crafting to the next level? Invite one of your mom friends and their toddler over. Now you can complete these fun crafts together.
1. Easy Valentine Craft for Kids|Dress and Dinosaurs
2. Cupcake Line Ladybug Valentine’s Day Craft|Conservamom
3. Picture Frame Valentine’s Day Craft for Toddlers|Hunny I’m Home DIY
4. DIY Wine Cork Butterfly Craft|The Inspiration Edit
Valentine’s Day crafts with materials included
One of the major drawbacks of doing crafts is not having all of the necessary materials. By the time you go to the store, gather your supplies, and wrestle with your toddler, you’re exhausted!
These craft boxes eliminate the overwhelm and removes the guesswork. You will have everything you need right at your fingertips!
Then, if you really enjoy the experience, you can continue receiving monthly craft boxes to complete with your kids.
This is my personal favorite. It even comes with a developmental guide!
2. Krafty Kids
My favorite thing about this box is that the crafts are seasonally appropriate. You get to come off looking like a mom who has her stuff together while your kids get to enjoy a special surprise each month.
If your toddler loves nature, this is the craft box for you. Not only will you get to do activities together, but your toddler will also be learning!
The activities in this box are actually picked by teachers. How cool is that?
Easy peasy valentine crafts for toddlers
I hope you enjoyed these easy valentine crafts for toddlers. I know that being a working mom doesn’t often leave you with a lot of time, especially for crafts!
Hopefully, these quick craft ideas will give you the flexibility to enjoy time with your child and get your work done!
Make sure to grab some of my favorite craft supplies so you’ll be all set to go.
Like this? Pin it!